full & partial day wedding photography
rehearsal dinner photography
custom-designed fine art albums
professional archival prints
Choosing the right wedding photographer is arguably the most important investment you'll make as you plan your wedding. You may look at dozens of websites and portfolios and feel lost in the world of options. You may feel overwhelmed by all the talent out there, resulting in feeling like you're comparing apples to apples. Each photographer has a unique skill set to offer.
Let me help by sharing a few things that make my work a little different from a traditional wedding photographer.
- I am an introvert and understand how uncomfortable it is to be the center of attention.
- I try to shoot a roll or two of film at most every wedding.
- I'm a feminist who does not care about traditional gender roles. Inclusivity is very important to me.
- Quality time is my currency. I will be a resource to you throughout planning and will make every effort for us to meet in person and get to know you as a couple.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an inquiry form on the 'CONTACT' page to request a detailed pricing guide.
"If you are anything like us, you’re perhaps feeling a bit overwhelmed by the plethora of excellent wedding photographer options out there. There are so many great ones, all of whom seem to have wonderful websites with beautiful photos of happy smiling people! How does one choose? After a lot of hand-wringing and weighing different options, we decided to go with Betty Clicker Photography. We think, unequivocally, you should, too. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Personality. Kate is a fantastic person to work with. Very clear and responsive. A good listener who asks good questions and is genuinely interested in learning about your goals and hopes for your wedding (and its photos). She also is a calming, friendly and unpretentious presence to have following you around on your wedding day.
2. Unobtrusiveness. On the day of the wedding, itself, Kate somehow manages to get great shots without “being in the way.” This is presumably a skill she’s honed in the many years she’s been doing this line of work. It allows her to get great candid shots.
3. Diversity of Talents. Having looked at many wedding photography websites, it sometimes becomes clear when a photographer is really adept at taking a certain type of photograph. Some, for instance, have beautiful candid shots but somewhat stilted family portrait photos. Kate has a tremendous eye for both. Scroll through Kate's website and notice how there are family and individual portraits that capture the light and scenery beautifully. At our wedding, we didn’t know where we wanted to take family portraits, but Kate arrived at the venue and quickly found the ideal spot. The portraits she took were gorgeous. She used some nearby tree branches to frame the photos and they came out looking so, so good. Notice also how many great candid photos of small, intimate moments she features on her website. She has such a good eye for that and is willing to be creative to get the shot. At our wedding, she noticed one of my wife’s bridesmaids standing alone on a balcony. Realizing it would make for a great candid shot, she managed to sneak behind a tree and snap an amazing photo.
Clearly, we were very happy with our decision to hire Kate. We think you will be, too."
- David & Emma, Orcas Island, July 2017
For more testimonials, please Google search "Betty Clicker Photography" and peruse my business reviews page!
What is your travel policy?
About half of the weddings I photograph are outside of Virginia. I love to travel and have been fortunate enough to document weddings in India, Iceland, the Caribbean, and all over the USA. Weddings within an hour's drive of Richmond, Virginia require no travel fees. A flat, no-fuss rate of $300 is applied to weddings outside that radius regardless of whether it requires a car trip or plane ride, and an additional $500 is applied to weddings outside the U.S.
How can we book you?
A retainer fee of 50% and signed contract is required to book me as your photographer. The remaining balance is due any time on or before your wedding date. After that, we'll start collaborating on timeline and structuring your day around the most ideal lighting situations for photography.
When and how will we receive our images?
You will receive a link to an online gallery with hi-res digital downloads 6-8 weeks after your wedding. The majority of my office time is spent on color correcting and post processing, so you can be sure that the utmost care is taken with each image.
Do we have rights to the files?
You will have full printing rights to your photographs! If you choose to share photos online (which I encourage. . . just no cropping or re-editing please) please remember to credit Kate Thompson and/or Betty Clicker Photography.
Do you offer prints and albums?
YES! And I encourage each and every one of my clients to print their wedding photos. Make the most of your investment by printing your photos rather than letting them sit and collect dust on a hard drive! If you don't order an album with your initial wedding package, you'll receive a PDF with album and print pricing with your wedding photo delivery. Our studio offers custom-designed albums by a professional graphic designer and prints on gallery-quality paper with archival inks.